Universitatea de Vest din Timișoara (UVT) / West University of Timişoara (WUT) is the main higher education institution and research pole in Western Romania. Its community comprises roughly 16000 students and over 700 academic staff. It is a comprehensive university including 11 faculties, fostering multi- and inter-disciplinary approaches to higher education and research, with a clear focus on educating students in order to develop personal and professional skills which will offer them access to an increasingly globalized labour market upon graduation.
Ranked in QS World University Rankings 700+ and QS University Rankings by Subject (Modern Languages) 150+, West University of Timisoara offers opportunities for combining theoretical and practical knowledge to students in all areas of study. With more than 5% of the student body being international, the university is intensively involved in processes of internationalization in a very multicultural and dynamic city that offers various opportunities for work and leisure.
1. The Accounting and Business Information Systems Bachelor programme taught in German language is developed in collaboration with Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences and will give students the opportunity to study for two semesters in Germany, as well as offer them the possibility of obtaining a double degree. A diploma in accounting can transform the passion of working with numbers into a valuable intangible asset, which is necessary in every business domain.
2. The Finance and Banking Bachelor programme taught in English provides a competitive advantage for graduates who want to pursue a solid career in the finances and banking sector. Further education cycles for this program enable the development of a complex culture in finance, a comprehensive economic vision and acquire economic rationality as a whole.
3. The Management Bachelor programme taught in French combines both theoretical and practical approaches of business management and addresses the need to train future managers and economists, able to work in organizations and practice in an international environment .
For more information: www.feaa.uvt.ro
Faculty of Political Science, Philosophy and Communication Sciences
1. The International Relations and European Studies Bachelor programme taught in German trains practitioners in the field of international relations and european studies, being a collaborative project between West University of Timisoara and the Rectors' Conference of the Federal Republic of Germany and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
For more information: www.pfc.uvt.ro
Faculty of Letters, History and Theology
1. The Modern Languages and Literatures Bachelor programme combining English, French, German, Russian, Serbian and Croatian, Romanian and Latin as major languages, with Spanish, Italian as minor, trains practitioners in the field of languages and literatures. The Modern Languages Department at our university has been ranked in Top 150 worldwide programmes in the field of modern languages by QS Rankings by Subject, thus certifying the quality of its’ course offer.
2. The Applied Modern Languages Bachelor programme in English, French, German, both as major and minor languages and Russian and Spanish only as minor languages, trains specialized translators, with. The Modern Languages Department at our university has been ranked in Top 150 worldwide programmes in the field of modern languages by QS Rankings by Subject, thus certifying the quality of its’ course offer.
For more information: www.litere.uvt.ro
Faculty of Music and Theatre
1. The Acting Bachelor programme taught in German is focused on developing the students’ acting skills through improvisation exercises, attempts to scenic situations based on narrative texts, scene and role studies, workshop productions with public performances and theater internships. The lecturers are mainly standing in professional theater practitioners, actors and directors that provide a current and immediate contact between education and theater work.
For more information: www.fmt.uvt.ro
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
1. The Computer Science Bachelor programme taught in English provides training in the main topics of Computer Science with a focus on theoretical concepts and practical tools used in solving computational problems and in designing software products.
For more information: www.math.uvt.ro
Management of Business Organizations - part-time education (English)
The study programme Management of Business Organizations (in English) – part-time education is organized in videoconference format.
At the end of the 2 years of study the students must be present at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, West University of Timișoara, Romania for the defense of the graduation thesis.
For citizens of EU third countries, obtaining the visa from the Romanian Embassy in their country of origin is mandatory. The faculty will issue a certificate for each student, stating they must be present for the presentation of the graduation thesis, to facilitate the visa application process.