Foreign Students – EU Third Countries
WEST UNIVERSITY OF TIMISOARA
GUIDE FOR NON-EUROPEAN SELF SPONSORED CANDIDATES
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR FILE PROCESSING AND ADMISSION OF FOREIGN CITIZENS FROM EU THIRD COUNTRIES TO BACHELOR AND MASTER STUDIES
The admission process for citizens from E.U. third countries is performed according to the Methodology for issuing the Letters of Acceptance and admitting foreign citizens from EU third countries for studies and schooling at West University of Timișoara, approved by the WUT Senate, through the Decision no 65/27.09.2018.
– 1st of March– 1st of September, 2023 (Bachelor)
– 1st of March– 1st of September, 2023 (Master)
– 1st of March– 1st of September, 2023 (Preparatory Year).
ONLINE PLATFORM ADMISSION: admiterenonue.uvt.ro
Enrollments at W.U.T are possible until the 24th of February 2023 for the academic year 2022-2023. Requests for the refund of the tuition fees of the candidates who applied in the 2022-2023 academic year can be done until the 10th of March 2023, but only according to the conditions mentioned at Section “Tuition Fee“.
1.Choose your study programme.
Apply online through our platform: admiterenonue.uvt.ro
2.The Faculty approves/rejects the admission file.
3.The Department of International Relations sends the approved file to the Ministry of Education for the final answer
! It is advisable to apply as soon as possible, because the process usually takes almost 2 months. The admission files can be submitted until 01.09.2023, but the enrollment process can take place until 01.02.2024 as long as you have submitted your admission file on time.
- Also, please bare in mind that the moment you submit your admission file, as long as it is complete, you will be notified via our online platform when there are any updates regarding your file.
- Once the file has been registered, it shall be sent to the selected faculty (only one option is possible) for analysis and the moment there is a resolution in this sense, the candidate shall be informed through an e-mail, whether the file can be sent further on for validation to the Ministry of Education in Romania or not.
- Should the file be sent to the Ministry of Education, the candidate shall be informed via an e-mail with a scan copy of the Letter of Acceptance in case of a positive resolution or with a notification in case of a negative resolution.
- ! The Letter of Acceptance issued by the Ministry of Education will be taken in original by the legitimate possessor. In case it cannot be taken in person by the legitimate possessor, the Letter of Acceptance can be taken by another person but only on the basis of a Letter of Attorney issued at a notary in Romanian or in a widely spread language in which it is stated that the contact person has been empowered to take the official document in the name of the legitimate possessor. In case the Letter of Acceptance will be taken by an employee of a delivery firm, the receipt provided by the delivery firm will serve as a Letter of Attorney and this responsibility will fall under the candidate and under the delivery firm.
The moment the candidate is in possession of the Letter of Acceptance, it is the candidate’s responsibility to apply for obtaining the study visa at the responsible institutions in his/her country and only the moment he/she obtains the study visa, the candidate can present himself/herself at the enrollment process in person, at the secretary of the faculty where he/she was admitted at. In case the candidate needs any specific document for their visa application that the university can provide, the candidate is asked to address himself/herself to the Department of International Relations WUT. Also, in case the candidate is already in possession of a residence permit issued in Romania, always check at the Immigration Office in Timișoara the availability of the document.
1. Application Form – all requested information filled in entirely (please specify if you want Preparatory Year or not and attach a picture);
2.The study documents – legally certified copies and translations of High School Diploma (and of Bachelor Diploma if the candidate applies for Master studies); The Master Diploma as well for candidates who want to follow a PhD study programme).The documents are to be authenticated by the responsible authorities in the issuer country; – care permite accesul persoanei în cauză la forma respectivă de învățământ (Diplomă de Bacalaureat sau echivalentul acesteia și Diploma de Licență în cazul în care candidatul optează pentru Masterat); Pentru studii de Doctorat se va include și Diploma de Masterat;
Copy and translation of the certificate – attesting the promotion of the Baccalaureat/Bachelor/Master examinations for graduates of the current academic year which do not possess the original Diploma for the time being (if the case);The document is to be authenticated by the responsible authorities in the issuer country;
3.Academic records - legally certified copies and translations – for the completed studies (High School and Bachelor) and the analytical curriculum in case of candidates that request equivalence for certain periods of studies; The documents are to be authenticated by the responsible authorities in the issuer country;
4.Birth certificate - copy and legally certified translation. The document is to be authenticated by the responsible authorities in the issuer country;
5.Copy of the passport – valid at least 6 months after the date when the Letter of Acceptance to studies is issued;
6.Medical certificate (in a widely spread international language) to prove that the person to be registered for studies does not suffer from infectious incompatible with the future profession;
7.Marriage license – if necessary (to prove the name change);
8.Copy of the document attesting the residency abroad (if the case) ;
Copy of the certificate attesting the graduation of the Preparatory Year in Romanian language or the linguistic competences(English, French, German) (according to language of the study programme which will be followed);
9. Complete contact data: postal address, e-mail address, phone number.
11.Proof of the 75 euro payment, the Application Fee.
The application fee must be paid in the following account:
Beneficiary: Universitatea de Vest din Timișoara (West University of Timisoara)
University address: Vasile Pârvan, No.4
Bank name: Banca Comercială Română (Romanian Commercial Bank)
Bank address: Sucursala Timișoara (Timisoara Branch), No.11, Calea Aradului St.
IBAN Code: RO 56 RNCB 0249 0492 9471 0008
SWIFT:RNCB RO BU
* The payment order / receipt will specify at the payer section the name of the candidate and as a payment reference "application fee", in order for the payment to be valid.
The process of authenticating your documents for the admission session
- I.AUTHENTICATED DOCUMENTS FOR THE ADMISSION PROCESS
It is highly recommended for the admission files to be authenticated by the authorities in the issuer country as follows:
- The Hague Apostille is requested for diplomas from countries which are parties to the Hague Apostille, issued by the competent authorities in the issuing countries.
- For countries that are NOT party to the Hague Apostille Convention, the educational documents will be superlegalized or will be accompanied by a Certificate of authenticity issued by the competent authorities of the country of origin;
The superlegalization is applied by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country, the Embassy/Consular Office of Romania in the country concerned and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania or by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country and its Embassy/Consular Office in Romania and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania; for countries where there are no diplomatic missions of Romania or which do not have diplomatic missions in Romania, the study documents will be endorsed by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country;
- Exemption from superlegalization is permitted by law, by an international treaty to which Romania is a party or on the basis of reciprocity.
List of countries for which the authentication of study documents is requested:
! In case you wish to check the type of High School Diploma that you need and the correspondent score, please access the following link.
II. AUTHENTICATED DOCUMENTS FOR THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS:
It is mandatory for the candidates to present their study and identification documents from the admission file, in original, along with the Letter of Acceptance (in original) and the passport available with a "study visa" on it on enrollment, at the faculty.
- The original study documents which are part of the Hague Convention will be stamped by the competent authorities in the issuer country with the Hague Apostille.
- The original study documents which are not part of the Hague Convention will be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the issuer country and by the Embassy/Consulate Office of Romania in the issuer country.
- Please make sure that the documents are translated in a widely spread international language and when you are in Romania, preparing for the enrollment process, please make sure to translate them in Romanian and legalize the documents at a public notary if the case.
!The candidates for higher education in Arts, Sports and Architecture must pass the skills tests organized by the University, after receiving the Letter of Acceptance for studies. It is mandatory for candidates which have been admitted to West University of Timișoara to enter the country with a study visa and to legitimize their study in Romania for educational/study purposes. They will present the original documents as mentioned at "AUTHENTICATED DOCUMENTS FOR THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS":
!For more details concerning the admission/enrollment process, please consult the Methodology for Issuing Letters of Acceptance and Enrolling EU Third Countries’ Citizens at Bachelor and Master Programmes Organized at West University of Timişoara, at the following link: Methodology admission WUT third EU citizens.
A.Studies in Romanian Language
Foreign citizens from EU third countries are enrolled in university and postgraduate education only after having completed the preparatory year of Romanian language or on the basis of a certificate attesting the knowledge of Romanian language. During the preparatory year students acquire the necessary knowledge of Romanian language as well as specific knowledge related to the profile of the future training (anatomy, physics, chemistry, technical drawing, etc.), if the study programme is organised in Romanian.
When registering for study programs that require Romanian linguistic competence, the following categories of persons are exempt from the obligation to present the certificate of graduation from the Romanian language Preparatory Year:
a. candidates who present Romanian study documents (diplomas and certificates) which prove at least four consecutive years of study in a scholar unit in the Romanian national system;
b. candidates who present certificates issues in Romania attesting a level of at least B1 in Romanian language;
c. candidates who pass the Romanian language test and obtain the Certificate of Romanian language proficiency.
The examination may be taken in the higher education institution where the candidate wishes to study, if this higher education institution runs an authorised/provisionally authorised or accredited/accredited specialisation / study programme in Romanian language and literature, or in another accredited higher education institution running such a specialisation / study programme. Following this examination, a certificate of language proficiency will be issued.
The fee for this programme varies according to the field of study you want to pursue after finishing the preparatory year. The tuition fee for the Preparatory Year in Romanian language is in the same amount as in one regular academic year(e.g.: : The Romanian Language Preparatory Year for the field of medical studies is in the amount of 320 EUR/month, whereas for the economic one it is in the amount of 220 EUR/month).
More information:www.ri.uvt.ro (International Students – Romanian Language Preparatory Year).
B.Studies in Foreign Languages:
For those who want to study in a foreign language, a language test is required if the candidate cannot prove that he/she had previously studied in the respective language. The persons that come from countries where the official language is the language in which the courses are run and the persons who have an internationally acknowledged language certificate will be exempt from this test.
For those who want to study into international foreign languages, West University of Timisoara has the following Undergraduate/Bachelor options: Study programs in foreign languages
- Arts & Design: arte.uvt.ro/?lang=en
- Chemistry, Biology and Geography: cbg.uvt.ro/en/
- Law : drept.uvt.ro
- Economics and Business Administration: uvt.ro/en/
- Physical Education and Sports: uvt.ro/?lang=en
- Letters, History and Theology:litere.uvt.ro/?lang=en
- Computer Science and Mathematics:info.uvt.ro/?lang=en
- Music and Theater:fmt.uvt.ro/?lang=en
- Sociology and Psychology:fsp.uvt.ro/?lang=en
- Political Science, Philosophy and Communication Sciences: pfc.uvt.ro
Registrations for doctoral studies are at : CSUD, Council for Doctoral Studies
The tuition fees for foreign citizens from EU third countries are, as follows:
Category: Science / Mathematics / Sport / Technical
Bachelor / Master: 270 €/ month
PhD: 290 €/ month
Category: Humanities / Psychology/ Accounting / Economics
Bachelor / Master:220 €/ month
PhD: 240 €/ month
Category: Music and Arts
Bachelor / Master: 420 €/ month
PhD:440 €/ month
Category: Interpretation musical theater
Bachelor / Master:750 €/ month
PhD:770 €/ month
Bachelor / Master: 350 € / month
Doctorate: 370 € / month
Bachelor / Master: 320 € / month
PhD : 340 € / month
Bachelor / Master:950 €/ month
PhD:970 €/ month
* On the payment order/receipt, the name of the candidate and the payment reference "admission fee" must be mentioned to the payer for the payment to be valid.
! The tuition fee shall be paid in full either at the time of application for the study visa or at the time of enrolment at the faculty, when the proof of payment of the tuition fee shall be presented. The tuition fees for third E.U citizens per month shall be multiplied with 9 months for a total amount per academic year. For example, 220EUR/month x 9 months = 1980/per academic year.
In case the candidate does not obtain the study visa or in case of force majeur situations, the candidates can apply for a refund of the tuition fee until 10.03.2023 sending a refund application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The application fee in the amount of 75 euro is nonrefundable.
2. Tuition fees must be paid at the beginning of the academic year. Refunding tuition fees paid by candidates will be made only under special conditions (listed below) and only at the applicant's request, with the original proof of payment, until 10.03.2023, and taking in consideration that any additional taxes related to the refund of the fees will be borne by the candidate:
- failure to obtain a study visa (if the visa applicant has been asked to pay the study fee for one academic year in order to complete the visa application);
- cases of force majeur (political conflicts, medical emergencies, others) which prevented the applicant from enrolling despite having paid the tuition fees and having obtained a study visa.
The candidate's written Request for a refund of the paid tuition fees accompanied by documents proving the payment of the fees will be approved by the Faculty in which the student is enrolled at (if the student has been enrolled) and by the Department of International Relations or only by the Department of International Relations (if the student has not yet been enrolled in the Faculty).
The necessary documents for a refund of the requested tuition fee are the following and need to be sent to the e-mail address email@example.com until 10.03.2023:
- The Completed Refund Form; (please download and fill in accordingly);
- A copy of the Letter of Acceptance;
- A copy of the passport/ID Card;
- A copy of the original tuition fee receipt;
- Copy of the bank account statement (if you wish for the money to be transferred to your own bank account, on your name)- preferably a Romanian or European bank account, to avoid potential delays or cancellations of the transfer. If not, you will have to take the money from the University's Cashier's Office in person. In case you decide to show up in person at the University Cashier's Office, you don't need to send us a bank account statement anymore. If do not own a bank account of your own or you cannot present yourself in person at the University Cashier's Office, you can request for the money to be transferred to another bank account that is not on your name, but in this situation you will also need an original notarial power of attorney, issued / translated and legalized in Romanian for the authorized person (more details can be found on the Refund Form). The notarial power of attorney needs to be submitted / sent in a physical format to the International Office of the West University of Timișoara (Blvd. V. Pârvan 4 Timişoara 300223 Timiş, Romania,, room 155B), not only via e-mail otherwise, the refund application cannot be processed. Please make sure that the notarial one is a Special Power of Attorney, not a General Power of Attorney and that it contains all the necessary information, including the complete, correct name of the university (‘Universitatea de Vest din Timișoara’ in Romanian or the ‘West University of Timisoara’ in English).
- A copy of the proof that states that you haven't obtained the study visa (if the case); or of the case of force majeure mentioned above etc.
After approval, the request will be submitted to the University's Financial Office for processing.
Only complete refund applications that are sent on time will be processed, otherwise, they will be rejected.
Candidates from third E.U. countries may benefit from the following types of scholarships according to the Order of Ministry No.3236/2017 :
a. On the basis of reciprocity in accordance with the stipulations of mutual bilateral agreements in the educational field. The vacancies for such grants may be assigned in the form of ‘monthly grants’;
b.On the basis of unilateral offers of the Romanian Government, regulated with specific normative documents;
c.On the basis of offers of the Romanian Government in accordance with the existing legal stipulations, at the proposal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, depending on the international interests of Romania;
(Pentru mai multe detalii referitoare la acestea, vă rugăm să accesați următorul link)
d. On the basis of offers of the Romanian Government in accordance with the existing legal stipulations, at the proposal of the Ministry of Economics, with the purpose of promoting the further action of economic or commercial collaboration;
e. On the basis of offers of the Romanian Government in accordance with the existing legal stipulations, at the proposal of the Ministry of Education for citizens with exceptional academic results; (pot candida studenții cetățeni străini (cu excepţia celor care se află în an terminal) care au absolvit cel puțin un an de studii (în afara Anului Pregătitor) într-o instituție de învățământ superior acreditată de stat din România și au obținut media minim 7,00 precum și absolvenții cetațeni străini ai universităților de stat care au obținut o medie generală de cel putin 7,00.)
ATTENTION! The documents for this type of scholarship will be submitted at DIR until 9th of November 2022
- The nominal list and the applicants' files (maximum 5) shall be sent to M.E.C.-D.G.R.IA.E., until November 30th of the university year
- The application file shall contain:
- The school transcript for each year of study (except for the preparatory year) for the applicants requesting the continuance of bachelor university studies;
- Copy of the bachelor diploma and the diploma supplement (school transcript) or a certificate indicating the school situation for all years of study, as well as the results obtained at the bachelor exam (for graduates of current year), for applicants who request the continuance of master or postgraduate university studies.
- Curriculum vitae, list of scientific works, publications of speciality, reports, recommendations from at least two professors or specialists in the field - for applicants to postgraduate university studies;
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate;
- Passport copy;
- Copy of the residence permit in Romania;
! Citizens from third EU countries (coming from low income countries) can apply for the WUT scholarship. For more information please access the following link.
For more details in this respect, please read the Methodology for Issuing Letters of Acceptance and Enrolling EU Third Countries’ Citizens at Bachelor and Master Programmes Organized at West University of Timişoara.
The academic year in Romania usually starts at the end of September or the beginning of October every year. Nonetheless, third E.U. citizens can enroll themselves at the faculty where they were admitted at until 01.02.2024 as long as they submitted their admission files until 01.09.2023.
Once they have the original Letter of Acceptance issued by the Ministry of Education and Research, along with all of the authenticated documents requested on the Letter of Acceptance, the study visa and the receipt that they paid for the first year of their tuition, can the candidates prepare their travel details.
The moment they arrive in Timișoara, at West University of Timișoara, they have to:
- Pass by at the Department of International Relations (room 155B, first floor within WUT, from 10:00 to 14:00) to have their enrollment files analyzed with the above mentioned documents;
- Pass by at the secretary of the faculty where they were admitted at in order to be enrolled based on the provided documents. From that point on, details concerning possible course schedules, accommodation and other facilities can be accessed, but only at the faculty, not at the Department of International Relations.
- 1. Typified request from the Immigration Office, Timiș;
- 2. Documents needed for crossing the border: Passport (having study visa on it)
- 3. Letter of acceptance for the studies – only required on the first extension of the right to stay
- 4. Student Certificate from the Department of International Relations for prolonging the visa. The candidate shall request a document called “Adeverința” from the secretary of the faculty where he/she was enrolled at attesting his/her academic status. Then, the candidate shall bring that paper to the Department of International Relations where a Certificate shall be prepared in this sense for the Immigration Office in 2 working days.
- 5. Health Certificate from The Student Polyclinic (next to C12 dormitory in the Student Complex). The students that are above 26 years old, must have, in addition, the proof of health insurance payment from The National Health Insurance Agency in Timișoara (No.4, Corbului Street). In case that is not possible, the candidate has to purchase a private insurance.
- 6. Proof of accommodation (rental contract or hostel contract in copy and in original);
- 7. Proof of monetary / maintenance resources (bank account);
- 8. Fees.
- 9. Previous residence permit card (in case there has been any).
For more information in this aspect, please access this link.
The address of the Romanian Authority for Foreigners, Timis County: Address str. Andrei Mocioni, nr. 8-10, Timișoara
The documents for obtaining the residence permit need to be submitted at the Immigration Office 30 days in advance before the study visa expires!
a.According to the Accommodation Regulation in the dormitories of WUT, students in their first year of studies, nominated as Romanian State scholarship holders, who wish to study at West University of Timișoara, will be mandatorily provided with free accommodation in their first year of studies within the WUT Students’ Campus, according to the present legislation.
b.For the students who are Self-fee payers, the costs are in accordance to the sums mentioned at the following link.
The possibility to apply for accommodation within the Students’ Campus can be done only when the candidates present themselves for the enrollment process (meaning, when they have the Letter of Acceptance in original issued by the Ministry of Education in Research in Romania, the study documents, the study visa and the receipt attesting the payment for Self-fee payers) in person at the secretary of the faculty where they have been admitted at.
While Romanian State scholarship holders can be provided mandatorily with free accommodation, Self-fee payers can apply for accommodation when they present themselves for the enrollment process on the principle first come, first served according to the availabilities in this sense. In case of lack of rooms available at the moment of your arrival in Timișoara, it is recommended to have a back-up plan by applying for a hotelor a hostelin Timișoara.
!Even so, in both of the above mentioned cases, the Department of International Relations is not responsible for the distribution of the places in the dormitories, therefore, for these aspects, please address yourselves at the secretary of the faculty where you have been admitted at either as Romanian State Scholarship Holders or as Self-fee payer students.
- Contact: international-admissions@e-
uvt.ro, Phone: +40 256 592 227
- Whatsapp Phone (only for calls): +40 755 240 243
Monday-Friday 10:00 – 14:00 GMT+3
Useful documents and links:
Flyer admission process NON-EU en 2020-2021
How to apply video admission third EU citizens 2020-2021
Flyer necessary documents NON-EU en 2020
Admission Process Scheme en 2020-2021
Passport WUT en 2020-2021
Flyer WUT en 2020-2021
Structure of the academic year 2019-2020
West University of Timisoara brochure 2023
Ministry of Education and Research
Methodology for Issuing Letters of Acceptance and Enrolling EU Third Countries’ Citizens at Bachelor and Master Programmes Organized at West University of Timişoara
Methodology for receiving third EU countries citizens for studies in the academic year 2023-2024
Ministry Order 3473-2017 on the Methodology for receiving third EU countries citizens for studies in the academic year 2017-2018