Every year West University of Timișoara supports the internationalization process and education development through hosting international lecturers and collaborators.
In the 2021-2022 academic year, within WUT 7 international full-time lecturers and many other lecturers and collaborators paid on an hourly basis carry out their academic activity. From teaching foreign languages, civilization and culture, to conducting research activities the lecturers are involved in many various events and projects of or in collaboration with WUT.
International lecturers at WUT in the academic year 2020-2021:
- Martin Mozo Borja, Spanish lecturer at the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology;
- Dimitrije Savic, Serbian lecturer at the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology;
- Linda Gaia, Italian lecturer at the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology;
- Petru Hațegan, Croatian lecturer at the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology;
- Paul Gardner, USA (Fulbright), American lecturer at the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology;
- Eric Fure-Slocum USA (Fulbright), American lecturer at the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology;
- Xiaorui Du (Ray), Chinese language lecturer/Ph.D student at the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology.
Within our university there are more categories of international lecturers/ collaborators:
A. Full-time lecturers:
• Lecturers nominated and employed at WUT based on an issued Order of Ministry signed between the two countries as a result of:
- Existent Intergovernmental agreements;
- Proposals received by WUT from the Ministry of Education in Romania;
- Prior agreements signed with our institution (our faculties) – for example: for the Italian lecturer, French lecturer, Serbian lecturer, Austrian lecturer, German lecturer, Spanish lecturer, etc.
• International lecturers hosted by WUT:
- Lecturers who carry out their activities based on an agreement signed with an institution for foreign language promotion or through the embassies of each State/ commissions (for example: any Fulbright lecturer from United States of America, Chinese lecturer, Portuguese language lecturer, etc.).
B. Lecturers paid on an hourly basis:
• International collaborators invited by faculties for teaching courses at WUT.
Benefits offered to international lecturers and collaborators from WUT:
- Office at the Host-Faculty;
- Free, unlimited access to WUT and Host-Faculty facilities;
- Free access to WUT electronic resources;
- An @e-uvt institutional account;
- Picking up/ transportation from the airport, train station or bus station to the accommodation place upon arrival in/ departure from Timișoara (if necessary);
- Free accommodation in the university campus (if necessary);
- Monthly salary in accordance with the Order of Ministry issued by the responsible institution with the lecturer’s nominalization or in accordance with a signed inter-institutional or intergovernmental agreement/ partnership.
Administrative and informational support is offered by Department of International Relations in collaboration with Host-Faculty and Human Resource Department. Academic support is offered by the Host-Faculty, where the lecturers will carry out their activities.
International Lecturers in the academic year 2021-2022