Opening Hours for Submitting Your Application File Monday-Friday: 10 am - 2 pm Department of International Relations (Room. 155B, WUT Main Building)
International students with Romanian origins are those citizens who do not have a Romanian ID. They may come from: Serbia, Albania, Macedonia, Ukraine, Republic of Moldova, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Israel, Hungary or Diaspora.
1. According to the Methodology for admission of the international students with Romanian origins at the higher education level for the academic year of 2017-2018, these citizens participate in the admission’s process on special granted places, subsidized by the Romanian state. The scholarships from the Ministery of National Education from Romania are divided in two categories:
· Free of charge tuition fee with monthly scholarship with financing from the state budget for: tuition fee, monthly scholarship (65 euro/ month for students, 75 euro/ month for MA students and 85 euro/ month for PhD students) and accommodation in student dormitory; · Free of charge tuition fee without scholarship: with financing from the state budget for: tuition fee and accommodation in student dormitory.
- Finance of the tuition fees for the Romanian preparatory year and a monthly scholarship, if the case;
- Finance of the tuition fees during the whole academic cycle where they were admitted at and a monthly scholarship, if the case;
- Finance of the accommodation fees in the students dorms through the Ministery’s budget , within the limit of the allocated grant;
- Free medical assistance in case of medical and surgical emergencies and endemic-epidemic potential diseases in accordance with the current national legislation;
- Transport under the same conditions with the Romanian students, according to the current national legislation;
- Other types of scholarships, in accordance with the current legislation.
International students with Romanian origins can also apply for studies in RON (local currency) in an equal amount with the Romanian students. A student can benefit for a single domain in the same cycle of studies from the state budget, the second one would be allowed only by paying the tuition fees.
Language of Study: In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language. To study in a foreign language, candidates can apply directly at WUT but they have to pay the tuition fee, under the same financial circumstances as Romanian citizens. If the candidate does not know the Romanian language, he/she must attend Preparatory Year for learning Romanian language. In the first semester of the Preparatory Year the students study Romanian Language as a Foreign Language and in the second semester the students study the Romanian terms specific to the faculty domains where he/she will continue the studies: mathematics, economy, law, arts, humanities, etc. Candidates who have not studied at least 4 years in Romanian and do not want to attend the preparatory year will take the Romanian language test and must obtain the Certificate of Romanian language proficiency.
All the international students with Romanian origins candidates have to submit their admission files to the Department of International Relations (West University of Timisoara) for verification. Candidates from Serbia, Albania, Macedonia or Ukraine have a possibility to pass their admission files through the Ministery committee at the diplomatic missions of these respective countries at some time intervals established by the Ministery. All the documents will arrive at the University, the place where the entire admission process will be organized.
The admission will take place on the basis of a contest of files, in compliance with the required conditions regarding the application files and the criteria specified in the methodology of each faculty within the UVT.
The contest files is organized at the WUT, candidates having the possibility to submit the required registration documents as follows:
- directly at the DRI (UVT-cam.155B)
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail to: 4, Vasile Pârvan Boulevard, Timişoara 300223- Department of International Relations
For the latter two variants, DRI has 48 hours to confirm the receipt and verification of candidates' files.
Candidates who have chosen to submit the application file by e-mail or mail will have the opportunity to submit the original documents within 10 days of the beginning of the academic year to the secretariats of the faculties to which they have been admitted and confirmed their place.
The admission procedure for this category of candidates will take place directly at the WUT by submitting their files to the DRI for verification and payment of the enrollment fee. Candidates will confirm their place after the admission results by paying the confirmation fee for their place and submitting their original documents at the secretary of the Faculty where they have obtain their place.
International students with Romanian origins must enter Romania with a STUDY VISA and have the obligation to submit their files to the Timis Immigration Service in order to obtain the right to stay legally in Romania for study purposes (RESIDENCE PERMIT).