West University of Timisoara is one of the accredited universities in Romania to organize the Preparatory Year of Romanian Language. This language course is mandatory for students who wish to study in Romanian language and don’t have a language certificate in this sense. During the Preparatory Year students acquire the requisite knowledge of Romanian language as well and specific knowledge correlated with future training profile (anatomy, physics, chemistry, drawing technical etc.), if the curriculum is organized in Romanian.
If the candidate speaks Romanian language, but does not have a language certificate to prove this, he/she must obtain it taking an exam. Only after the candidate passes this exam he/she will be accepted in the first year of study. Otherwise, the candidate will have to follow the Preparatory Year of Romanian language. Candidates with documents proving that they have followed at least 4 years of study in Romanian or undergraduate studies conducted in Romanian language, will not have to take the mentioned exams.
When registering for study programs that require Romanian linguistic competence, the following categories of persons are exempt from the obligation to present the certificate of graduation from the Romanian language Preparatory Year:
1. candidates who present Romanian study documents (diplomas and certificates) which prove at least four consecutive years of study in a scholar unit in the Romanian national system;
2. candidates who present certificates issues in Romania attesting a level of at least B1 in Romanian language;
3. candidates who pass the Romanian language test and obtain the Certificate of Romanian language proficiency.
Is mandatory for students who wish to study in Romanian and don’t have a language certificate in this sense. The fee for this programme varies according to the field of study you want to pursue after finishing the preparatory year. The tuition fee for the Preparatory Year in Romanian language is in the same amount as in one regular academic year (e.g.: The Romanian Language Preparatory Year for the field of medical studies is in the amount of 320 EUR/month, whereas for the economic one it is in the amount of 220 EUR/month).
The tuition fees for foreign citizens from EU third countries are, as follows:
!The tuition fees for third E.U citizens per month shall be multiplied with 9 months for a total amount per academic year. For example, 220EUR/month x 9 months = 1980/per academic year.
! It is advisable to apply as soon as possible, because the process usually takes more than one month. The admission files can be submitted until 15.09.2020, but the enrollment process can take place until 01.02.2021 as long as you have submitted your admission file on time. For more details concerning the necessary documents, please access the following link.
According to the national Law 316/ 12.07.2006, citizens from member states of the European Union, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation, have the right to apply to studies in Romania, in the same financial circumstances as Romanian citizens. The tuition fee for the Preparatory Year of Romanian language, for this category of candidates is in Romanian currency, in the amount of 3000RON/year~665€/year.
For an E.U. citizen wishing to pursue the Romanian Language Preparatory Year, the necessary documents will be submitted at the secretary of the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology (room 240) beginning with the 15th of September until the 1st of November 2020)..
Before submitting the admission file for the Preparatory Year in Romanian language at the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology, will first of all, come at the Department of International Relations (room 155B at West University of Timișoara, from Monday to Friday, from 10:00 to 14:00) to have the file verified. Once the file has been verified, the candidate will be issued with a document attesting this aspect and which will be taken to the Faculty of Letters, History and Theology along with the admission file.
The necessary documents are:
• The studies documents – legally certified copies and translations in either Romanian, English, French or German of the High School Diploma (and of Bachelor Diploma if the candidate applies for Master studies); The Master Diploma as well for candidates who want to follow a PhD study programme). The documents are to be authenticated by the responsible authorities in the issuer country;
• Copy of the certificate attesting the promotion of the Baccalaureat/Bachelor/Master examinations for graduates of the current academic year which do not possess the original Diploma for the time being (if the case); The document is to be authenticated by the responsible authorities in the issuer country;
• Academic records –legally certified copies and translations – for the completed studies (High School and Bachelor) and the analytical curriculum in case of candidates that request equivalence for certain periods of studies; The documents are to be authenticated by the responsible authorities in the issuer country;
• Birth certificate – copy and legally certified translation; The document is to be authenticated by the responsible authorities in the issuer country;
• Copy of the passport – valid at least 6 months after the date when the Letter of Acceptance to studies is issued;
• Medical certificate (in a widely spread international language) to prove that the person to be registered for studies does not suffer from infectious incompatible with the future profession;
• Marriage license – if necessary (to prove the name change);
• Copy of the document attesting the residency abroad (if the case);
• Complete contact data: postal address, e-mail address, phone number;
• GDPR form;
• 2 copies of the study documents;
I. AUTHENTICATED DOCUMENTS FOR THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS:
In case your files need to be authenticated in a particular way, please make sure that:
2. Diplomas issued in countries which are not parties to the Hague Apostille Convention shall be authenticated or accompanied by an authentication certificate from by the competent authorities in the issuing countries;
• Legalization/Authentication is done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the issuing country, the Embassy/Consular Office of Romania in the issuing country and the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the issuing country, the issuing country’s Embassy/Consular Office in Romania and the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs; for countries where Romania does not have a diplomatic mission or countries which do not have diplomatic missions in Romania, the study documents shall be legalized by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the issuing country;
• Legalization/Authentication exemption is allowed under the law of an international treaty to which Romania is party or on a reciprocity basis.
!Please make sure that the documents are translated in widely spread international language and when you are in Romania, preparing for the enrollment process, please make sure to translate them in Romanian and legalize the documents at a public notary if the case.
The candidate has to pay 3 fees:
1. The admission fee in the amount of 100 lei;
2. The enrollment fee in the amount of 150 lei;
3. The tuition fee for the Preparatory Year in the amount of approximately 3000 lei;